Sunday, October 19, 2008

I think I may be crazy....

OK so I am having my wedding reception at my parent's home. I feel like I am renting everything. Let's see theres 2 tents, 125 chairs, 15 round tables, china, flatware, glassware, linen, etc etc etc. All these rentals are costing more that the caterer!

I am trying to find ways to cut costs. I opted for paper plates....my mother laughed at me. I wanted to keep this wedding a budget friendly casual event. 99% of brides probably think I'm crazy, but I can not see spending $25K (average cost of a wedding in MA) or more on a wedding that will last 5 hours. I know lots of people will not agree with me and say that it is a once in a lifetime experience. I would rather do something else with that money....like put it towards a house. I am left with the question...how can I cut costs without looking cheap?

No comments: